Picnic Boxes to Go
- Great Mom & Pop Restaurants:
AJ's Hearth & Kettle - Country breakfast bar includes pork sausage, country bacon, sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, homemade biscuits, fresh pancakes, french toast sticks, country style hash browns, cinnamon apples, Southern style grits, and a fresh fruit bar. You may also order from the menu. Also serve lunch and dinner.
Carriage House Restaurant - This mom and pop restaurant serves traditional favorites for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Appetizers and soup and salad are on the lunch and dinner menu. Sandwiches, beef and seafood, and house favorites of country ham steak, grilled pork chops, Southern fried chicken, chicken tenders, chicken livers, and beef liver are lunch and dinner menus.
The Firefly Cafe - Serving a full menu of home-cooked favorites...Smoky Mountain Comfort Foods along with delicious sandwiches, salads, and the best desserts around. Locally made breads baked in a wood fired oven.
Little River Bar-B-Que - What a great mountain restaurant. Situated right on the river, this little mom and pop place serves up some good Southern food!
Miss Lily's Cafe - "Southern Cuisine for the Discriminating Taste" best describes this quaint little cafe, located across from the Heartland Little River Wedding Chapel. Fresh baked breads and deserts greet you every day. Great sandwiches and hearty lunch plates featuring Steve's BBQ are served with home made soups and muffins. Dinner menu is diverse and all made on site. Serve Sunday Brunch, including an omelette station. Lunch and dinner served daily.
Other Mom & Pop Restaurants:
• Ann's Pizza Haven, 7621 Lamar Alexander Parkway, 865-448-2046
• Back Porch Restaurant - Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner daily. The Back Porch serves the tastiest and most tender bbq ribs in the Smoky Mountain area.
• Burger Master - An excellent order-at-the-window restaurant serving outstanding burgers, hot dogs, fries, sandwiches, ice cream, and many other items. 8439 St. Highway 73, Townsend, TN.
• Cartwright's Roadhouse & Grill, 7735 E. Lamar Alexander Parkway, 865-448-6881
• Champ's Deli - Serves ice cream, banana splits, sundaes, milk shakes, malts, root beer or coke floats, vanilla coke, cherry coke or cherry smash. Old fashioned fountain service. 8213 E Lamar Alexander Parkway, 865-448-0501.
• Thunderhead Perk Coffee House - If you are looking for a great latte or cup of coffee while visiting Townsend, Thunderhead Perk offers the finest locally roasted, organic coffees and espresso drinks, as well as fresh baked treats made from scratch. You will enjoy sitting in our rocking chairs on our covered front porch or inside our cozy cabin by the fire. On a hot day, enjoy a smoothie made with real fruit, or a yummy frozen mocha or other frappe-style drink. The restaurant is located just 2 miles from the entrance to Great Smoky Mountains National Park. In the winter months we offer homemade soups. Open at 6:30 am ( or thereabouts). On Friday and Saturday open until 6:00pm and Sunday through Wednesday 3:30pm, closed on Thursday. Located at 7967 East Lamar Alexander Pkwy next to the Dollar General Store near the IGA (Village Market) grocery.
The Mill House Restaurant
The Mill House Restaurant is located in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, between Townsend and Maryville at the Walland gap of Chilhowee Mountain. We are convenient to most area attractions, including all of the music halls of Sevierville, such as Music Mansion, Dollywood, and Gatlinburg. The City of Knoxville, McGhee Tyson Airport, and the Oak Ridge community are easily accessible via Highways 129, 321, and Interstates 40 and 75.
The restaurant offers fine dining through a table d’hote or prix fixe format at moderate prices in a delightful country setting. The menu features good regional and international foods prepared to order using only “fresh” ingredients. Classic continental recipes are prepared with a country flare and the cuisine was dubbed “Countrinental” years ago in a review, and the term as well as the cooking style has stayed with us. An expansive front porch overlooks the site of a pre-Civil War gristmill. The waterfall and old millstream make a leisurely meal here special. It is a favorite spot to congregate before or after a meal to watch the river flow past or the sun set behind the hills.
Evening Candlelight Dessert is served nightly. Fresh Fruits, award-winning gourmet desserts and flavored decaf coffees are offered each evening. Relax in our Cove Cafe and enjoy our Classic Swiss Fondue Dinner in a casual, elegant atmosphere. Each morning full breakfast is served in the Main Dining room with a 13' floor to ceiling glass view of 3500' Rich Mountain. International cuisine varies each day serving dishes Tortilla Espanola, French toast l'orange stuffed with rum soaked bananas, famous Richmont Bacon, Egg & Zucchini Pie to name a few. Each morning breakfast begins with a visit to our cereal bar where you'll find our homemade granola, round-spun shredded wheat, dried dates, apricots, raisins, fruit flavored yogurts and fresh fruits.
Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Restaurants in Pigeon Forge
Restaurants in Sevierville